- My roundup from #wcnyc http://aaron.jorb.in/blog/2010/10/wordcamp-nyc-2010-roundup/ #thanksJane #thanksSteve #
- At @npr for the combined Hacks and Hackers and DC WordPress meetup. #
- Get better search by writing content that people actually want to read #wordpress cc/ @bgardner #
- @bgardner Except that without good content, it doesn't matter what plugins you use. in reply to bgardner #
- Argo uses Custom taxonomies and custom menus for the featured posts and "Don't Miss" navigation #wordpress #hhdc #
- They also built there own Custom Walkers #hhdc cc/ @nacin #
- @bgardner I didn't want this to be a throwdown, I just find to much emphasis is placed on 'magic tools', when in actuality content is king. in reply to bgardner #
- @bgardner As long as they are use a theme (like genesis ) that puts content in the proper order, there doesn't need to be optimization. in reply to bgardner #
- Waiting for Jobs to say that they won't let users install apps that Apple hasn't approved of in Lion. #apple #
- What I'm going to eat tonight. #mmmBacon #100meat http://www.restaurantthree.com/documents/weekobacon_menu-2010final2.pdf #
- @vegasgeek I think you should get some bacon for @shaynesanderson and all of the #wclv attendees. #
- #HaikuFriday (events of last night edition): Bought Twelve Pack of Beer / CRASH! dropped it in my hallway / now I have eight pack #
- @Amandablum I'm sure you look beautiful. You're being to hard on yourself. Stay strong. #
- My review of "From Idea to Web Start-up in 21 Days: Creating http://t.co/jZpWetb" http://t.co/b7wSlLi via @AddThis #
- I've lived in dc for about 4 months. Tonight will be the first time i go out in georgetown. #
- Showing some redskins fans what italian beef is. Hoping the #bears show them what smashmouth football is. #100meat #
I happened to run across a tweet yesterday talking about From Idea to Web Start-up in 21 Days: Creating bacn.com by Jason Glaspey and Scott Kveton and immediately knew that I had to read the story of one of my favorite Portland startups / side projects. I wasn’t disappointed.
By no means a comprehensive manual on how to run a business, it is a great look into the do’s, don’ts, and “Man, why the hell did I do that” moments that come from getting a project off the ground. You might even call it agile business creation.
The book is very well written and has enough Bacon pictures to make any pork lover drool. I only wish I hadn’t read it on my kindle so I could have salivated onto non electronic paper. It’s a fun easy read that will keep your attention. I finished the book in less than 24 hours after downloading it.
I recommend picking this up if you are interested in the intersection of Bacon, Technology, and Startups.
Any developer worth their salt eats their own dog food. This of course means that from time to time you find bugs. Hence a lot of posts that wouldn’t normally appear on my home page or in my feed are now in my feed and on my home page. I hope to have this straightened out soon.
In related news, WordPress 3.1 is looking sexy.